Student Involvement & Leadership
Student Involvement & Leadership strives to cultivate meaningful experiences to inspire personal and professional growth by
- developing and supporting programs that promote collaborative learning, character development and social responsibility
- promoting a student-centered culture that encourages a strong sense of pride and tradition
- empowering students to embrace and strengthen an inclusive community
- fostering collaborative partnerships to support and deliver successful campus events
Student Involvement & Leadership has 2 locations: the Citizens Bank Center for Student Involvement (CBCSI) on the Downcity Campus and the Wildcat Center on the Harborside Campus. Some programs and services include
- 120+ student organizations
- fraternity and sorority life
- community service and volunteerism
- leadership institutes, workshops and retreats
- fall/Halloween, winter and spring/Founders' Week events
- spiritual life
- student government
- free movie series
- campus traditions such as Wildcat Madness, One-Ton Sundae, Wildcat Wahoo Carnival and more
Opportunities abound for students to get involved in student organizations and become engaged in the Wildcat community at JWU's Providence Campus. See Student Organizations to learn more about ways to get involved in student organizations and access the Student Organization Handbook to learn about starting new organizations on campus.
Fraternity and Sorority Life
Getting involved in the fraternity and sorority community at the Providence Campus is a fantastic way to build a network of resources that lasts a lifetime. See Fraternity and Sorority Life for currently available fraternities, sororities and social fellowships.
Leadership Development Programs
Student Involvement & Leadership provides opportunities for students to complement their classroom education with the leadership knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to succeed in a competitive workplace and in life.
Building Relationships, Intercultural Dialogue and Global Engagement (BRIDGE)
As part of JWU Global, BRIDGE brings together JWU’s richly diverse community through educational programs, cultural events and social activities designed to promote international and intercultural awareness.
Located across from the main entrance of Xavier Residence Hall on the Providence Campus, the BRIDGE is a place for JWU students, faculty and staff to engage with one another through formal programming and a variety of opportunities for relationship-building.