Prior to the first semester of enrollment, the university requires all new, full-time undergraduate and graduate students, part-time undergraduate students in a health science program, and all culinary students to submit proof of a complete physical exam conducted within the past year, including documented proof of the following:
- Two (2) doses of MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine (or titers if applicable)
- Two (2) or three (3) dose series of hepatitis B vaccine (or titers if applicable)
- Two (2) doses chicken pox vaccine (or titers if applicable) or proof of physician-diagnosed disease
- One (1) Tdap dose within the past 10 years (except Charlotte campus, see below)
- One (1) dose of meningitis vaccine. If you received your first meningitis vaccine prior to age 16, a booster is required. A waiver of the meningitis vaccine requirement is available for students 22 years of age and older (please contact Health Services for further information).
- A negative tuberculosis test or chest x-ray within the last year is required for entering students who are from highly endemic countries and have been residents of the United States for less than five years. A list of countries where tuberculosis is highly endemic is available upon request from Health Services.
- All students must provide proof of COVID vaccination OR complete an exemption form through the Medicat portal. If a student is under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian should complete a paper copy and upload it to the Medicat portal.
Charlotte Campus Only
- Any student who is under the age of 18 upon enrollment must also submit proof of the polio vaccine series.
- Three (3) doses of tetanus-diphtheria vaccine (including at least one Tdap dose within the past 10 years)
Recommended, But Not Required
Students should check with their primary care provider as to whether the meningitis type B vaccine is appropriate for them.
Hepatitis A vaccine
Failure to satisfy this requirement will result in the placement of a Health Services Hold on the students' account and will prohibit students from entering class or changing their schedule. Visit Health Requirements for additional information and required forms.