Advanced Placement Credit

Students entering Johnson & Wales University with Advanced Placement test scores of 3 or greater will be granted transfer credit for the equivalent JWU course or courses, based on the score levels attained and applicability to their program of study. In order to obtain credit, students must submit official AP Grade Reports from the College Board Advanced Placement Program. To view the currently approved AP course equivalencies and the respective required scores, go to the Transfer Evaluation System (TES) and type "College Board" in the search box. Exam titles are listed alphabetically preceded by the designation "AP." For more information about AP credit, contact University Transfer and Testing through Student Academic Services.

JWU's Physician Assistant program does not accept CLEP, DSST or Advanced Placement (AP) credits to fulfill prerequisite courses. Admissions will consider AP credits for one of the English course prerequisites on a case-by-case basis.

Policies regarding the treatment of AP, CLEP or DSST transfer credit vary among graduate, professional and medical schools.