High School/College Verification

Graduation from high school, or equivalent education as certified by state departments of education, is required for undergraduate admission. Graduation verification documents must be submitted to Admissions. Official verification documents include at least one of the following. 

  • Preferred documents from a high school/college administrator. Approved correspondence includes:
    • Final transcript, letter or email received directly from the institution (copy/fax [portal upload]/email/pdf/sealed envelope)
    • Final high school/college diploma/transcript received directly from the institution that shows the date (month/year is acceptable) the diploma was awarded (copy/fax [portal upload]/email/pdf/sealed envelope); secondary school leaving certificate (for students who completed secondary education in a foreign country)
    • High school equivalency certificate received directly from the testing site (copy/fax [portal upload]/email [high school only]/pdf/sealed envelope)

Additional methods of verification of high school completion exist for home-schooled students. It is the student’s responsibility to provide verification of high school completion.

Students do not need to provide high school verification if at least one of the following situations pertains to them:

  • Successful completion of a post-secondary degree program
  • Successful completion of at least 60 semester or trimester credit hours or 72 quarter credit hours that did not result in the awarding of a post-secondary degree associate degree is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor's degree at any institution.

The student must provide an official college transcript for verification of completed college earned hours. Without such verification, the student may not be allowed to register for the current semester or continue enrollment and will be in jeopardy of revocation of admission to the university as well as losing all financial aid.

International students should refer to the International section for admissions information.