Experiential Education & Career Services
The purpose of Experiential Education & Career Services is to support the university’s mission to integrate general education, professional skills and career-focused education by providing students with customized services and support for experiential education and career planning. Experiential Education & Career Services achieves its purpose through a team of qualified career professionals by providing expert advising, an array of career services and strategic partnerships with employers, faculty and staff. Our goal is to empower students to make effective career choices and identify and pursue internships, secure employment and navigate lifelong career direction.
- a career capstone course for juniors that prepares them to navigate the job search process
- career workshops that allow students to select specific skill-building topics
- networking opportunities with industry professionals through on-campus interviews and recruiting events
- 1-on-1 career advising on a variety of career-related topics including resume reviews and mock interviews
- an online job posting system that students can use to search for jobs and internships
- collaborations with faculty to integrate projects with industry and nonprofit organizations into the classroom
Opportunities for internship are available in the College of Business, College of Hospitality Management, College of Culinary Arts, College of Arts & Sciences, College of Online Education, College of Health & Wellness and College of Engineering & Design. Internship is designed to provide eligible students with practical work experience in their chosen field of study while earning academic credit.
Employers representing a broad range of fields visit campus each year to participate in recruiting events, conduct interviews and serve as guest lecturers and classroom speakers. These activities provide students with a real-world view of industry as well as opportunities to connect with industry professionals and career options.
Students are encouraged to visit the office of Experiential Education & Career Services for more information. For locations, hours and contact information, please consult the JWU Directory.