Experiential Education & Career Services
Experiential Education & Career Services (EE&CS) supports the university’s mission to integrate general education, professional skills and career-focused education by providing students with services and support for experiential education and career planning. Experiential Education & Career Services achieves this purpose through a team of qualified career professionals by providing expert advising, an array of career services and strategic partnerships with employers, faculty and staff. The goal is to empower students to make effective career choices and identify and pursue internships, secure employment and navigate lifelong career direction.
Experiential Education & Career Services offers a variety of internship programs and career services including a career capstone course, résumé critiques, mock interviews, career fairs, exposure to industry professionals, on-campus interviews and more. These services assist students in building skills to obtain employment and independently manage their careers.
EE&CS components include
- internship opportunities available in all colleges. Internship is designed to provide eligible students with practical work experience in their chosen field of study while they earn academic credit for the experience
- 1-on-1 advising and workshops from career professionals who assist with résumé development, networking skills, mock interviews, job search strategies and planning for graduate-level programs
- a career capstone course for juniors that focuses on building customized résumés for individual job opportunities, developing a professional online professional profile, and gaining effective interviewing skills
- career planning tools and resources including major-specific résumé examples vetted by industry, career-related guidebooks, and career and industry research subscriptions
- online job postings by employers who are looking to hire students for part- and full-time jobs (on and off campus) as well as internships
- networking opportunities with employers and industry professionals representing a broad range of fields, who visit campus each year to participate in on-campus interviewing and recruiting events and serve as guest lecturers and classroom speakers
Note: The Experiential Education & Career Services department does not guarantee employment.
Students are encouraged to contact the office of Experiential Education & Career Services for more details. For locations, hours and contact information, please consult the JWU Directory.