Extension students (also called "non-degree" or "non-matriculating") are those who are not enrolled in a degree-earning program. These students register for courses on a space available basis. 

Extension students are not eligible to receive federal, state or institutional financial aid and are subject to the Tuition and Fees policy. (Students taking an undergraduate-level course will be charged Continuing Education rates and graduate-level courses will be charged graduate rates.)

Students not meeting prerequisite requirements for a course should contact Student Academic & Financial Services to discuss waiving the prerequisite. 

Students subsequently wishing to enroll in a degree program must apply through Admissions and will be subject to the university’s current admissions requirements. If accepted into a degree program, the student will follow the curriculum specified in the catalog at the time they are accepted and are responsible for all courses prescribed in that program, regardless of previously waived prerequisites. 

Graduate students may register for a maximum of 2 graduate courses, if space is available, without applying for degree status in any of the programs. Students must obtain permission from the dean to enroll in a course that requires a prerequisite that the student has not completed. Students wishing to enroll in a degree program must apply through Graduate Admissions.