Experiential Education & Career Services
Experiential Education & Career Services (EE&CS) supports the university’s mission to integrate general education, professional skills and career-focused education by providing students with customized services and support for experiential education and career planning. Experiential Education & Career Services achieves this purpose through a team of qualified career professionals by providing expert advising, an array of career services and strategic partnerships with employers, faculty and staff. The goal is to empower students to make effective career choices and identify and pursue internships, secure employment and navigate lifelong career direction.
Experiential Education & Career Services offers a variety of internship programs and career services including a career capstone course, résumé critiques, mock interviews, career fairs, exposure to industry professionals, on-campus interviews and more. These services assist students in building skills to obtain employment and independently manage their careers.
EE&CS components include
- internship opportunities available in the College of Business, College of Hospitality Management, College of Culinary Arts, College of Arts & Sciences and College of Engineering & Design. Internship is designed to provide eligible students with practical work experience in their chosen field of study while they earn academic credit for the experience
- 1-on-1 advising from career professionals who assist with résumé development, mock interviews and job search strategies
- a career capstone course for juniors and seniors that prepares them to navigate the job search process
- career workshops that allow students to select specific skill-building topics such as building a résumé, networking and interviewing
- networking opportunities with industry professionals through on-campus interviewing and recruiting events
- career advising resources on a variety of topics including résumé examples vetted by industry and approved by faculty
- online job postings by employers who are looking to hire students for part- and full-time jobs (on and off campus) as well as internships
- employers representing a broad range of fields, who visit campus each year to participate in recruiting events and serve as guest lecturers and classroom speakers. These activities provide students with a real-world view of industry as well as opportunities to connect with industry professionals and career options.
Students are encouraged to contact the office of Experiential Education & Career Services for more details. For locations, hours and contact information, please consult the JWU Directory.