Transfer Within JWU

It is possible for undergraduate and graduate students to transfer from one Johnson & Wales campus to another. One of the great things that make Johnson & Wales University so unique is the fact that no matter which campus you choose, your experience as a student will always be the same. Whether you're in Providence, Charlotte or online, our students are always learning from the best in their field. Not only do our campuses make JWU unique, but our students do too.

Interested students should consult with their academic adviser/counselor to discuss the implications of such a change. Students interested in changing to/from the College of Online Education should understand the implications for such a change, since there are many considerations, including course selection, tuition and fees, financial aid, etc. Students can explore campus options by visiting our campus transfer website.

The following conditions apply:

  • Campus transfers cannot be guaranteed and are subject to space and course availability. Additionally, not all programs of study are available at each campus.
  • Undergraduate students with less than a 2.00 GPA must have their transfer approved by their academic adviser/counselor. Graduate students with less than a 3.00 GPA must have their transfer approved by their academic adviser/counselor.
  • Students with a judicial hold must also be approved by the dean of students. 
  • Students must have submitted verification of high school completion or equivalent (for undergraduate students) or verification of bachelor's degree completion (for graduate students) to be eligible for transfer.
  • Students are required to follow the curriculum required for their major based on their new campus catalog requirements as reflected on their degree audit.
  • It is the student’s responsibility to register for courses at their new campus in jwuLink.
  • It is the student’s responsibility to address housing concerns and proper dress codes at their new campus.
  • Students are required to comply with the medical documentation/immunization requirements of their new campus. A health services hold will be placed on the student’s account if the proper documentation has not been submitted. Students will have no more than one semester to meet these requirements.
  • If you are an international student, after you have discussed your plans to transfer campuses with your academic adviser, please consult with your international student adviser from your sending school to ensure you have all the required immigration paperwork needed for a SEVIS transfer of campuses.