An official transcript is a complete representation of a student’s academic record. It includes all courses attempted at Johnson & Wales University, including those withdrawn from and those repeated. It also includes a summary of all transfer credits accepted by the university. Academic work completed at different levels (undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate) is listed on separate transcripts with a separate GPA. In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), a transcript may be released only upon consent of the student.
Johnson & Wales University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to provide 24/7 online transcript ordering. Alumni, current and former students can order official transcripts using any major credit card. Real-time email and mobile text alerts keep you up to date on the status of your order. You can also track your order online for added convenience.
The university offers both electronic and print transcripts with several delivery options. Each transcript costs $5 with additional charges for Express/Certified delivery. Please take a moment to read the following before placing your order.
To Order your Official Transcript:
Official Transcript Delivery Options
- Electronic PDF ($5): This fastest option is delivered in less than 24 hours to the recipient you have provided. Please make sure the recipient accepts electronic PDF transcripts and keep in mind the following when ordering:
- The transcript retrieval link will expire 30 days from the date in which it was sent.
- If you order an electronic PDF version of your transcript sent to yourself, it will be an unofficial transcript. In order for your electronic transcript to be official, you must have it sent to another institution or individual directly. If you need an official copy sent to yourself, it must be sent by mail.
- Electronic transcripts can be delivered relatively quickly. However, if you attended JWU prior to 1980, additional time may be required for your paper record to be converted to the appropriate format.
- If you choose to send an electronic PDF transcript and the recipient never opens it, we cannot refund the cost of the order. You will receive updates that the transcript has not been retrieved and are encouraged to follow up with the intended recipient.
Mail/United States ($5): In this delivery option the transcript will be mailed via regular first-class USPS mail within one business day of order (please allow up to five-to-seven business days for delivery by the U.S. Postal Service).
- Mail/International ($5): In this delivery option the transcript will be mailed via regular first-class mail as an alternative to sending the transcript via Express delivery for a lower fee. If the transcript is not urgent, and package tracking is not needed, this is a cost effective alternative to Express that can take up to four weeks for delivery depending on the destination.
Certified Mail/United States ($12): In this delivery option the transcript is sent first-class USPS mail and it takes the standard five-to-seven business days for delivery; however it also provides a Proof of Mailing & Delivery when the letter is delivered. A tracking number is provided to the requestor, like with Express delivery, for the package to be tracked up to delivery of the transcript. This delivery option requires a signature by the recipient for the transcript to be delivered. If the recipient is not available to sign for the transcript, a delivery reminder slip is left by the carrier. This reminder informs the recipient that a USPS Certified Mail letter is being held at the local post office for pick-up. The recipient must go to the post office to sign for the letter and pick it up, or the transcript will be attempted again after five days of original delivery attempt.
- Express Delivery Options (FedEx delivery): In this delivery option transcripts requested prior to 11am ET will be mailed within one business day of order to the recipient. Transcripts requested after 11am ET will be mailed within two business days. Please be aware that FedEx will only ship to physical addresses. They will not deliver to PO boxes.
- Express/United States ($39)
- Express/Canada & Mexico ($59)
- Express/International ($75)
Current Transcript: reflects current grades, classes, and degree status as of order date.
*If you are a current student and require a transcript with completed grades or degree information, please check your unofficial transcript on jwuLink to ensure your grades and/or degree have been posted. Wait to place your order until you are notified that grades and/or degrees have been awarded for the current semester. You may also view your unofficial transcript on jwuLink to see if this information has been posted. Transcripts will not be reprinted or reordered (for free) because of a failure to do so. Dates when degrees will be awarded on your transcript can be found below.
Spring 2023 semester: June 1, 2023
Summer 2023 semester: September 8, 2023
Fall 2023 semester: January 17, 2024
Spring 2024 semester: June 1, 2024
Summer 2024 semester: September 11, 2024
Your transcript will not be released if there is a hold on your account. You will be notified by email indicating there is a transcript hold. The email will contain contact information for you to resolve the hold. When the hold has been removed from your record, your transcript request will be processed. Your credit card will not be charged until your transcript is sent. Requests that are on hold for more than 30 days will be cancelled and you will not be charged.
A one-time appeal may be submitted in order to release one copy of your transcript. Once you have completed the National Student Clearinghouse Transcript Order process, you will be able to submit the online appeal form. Please note that your Transcript Request Order Number is required in order to complete the appeal request.
While placing your order, you may submit up to three attachments to be sent along with your transcript. Attachments may be included for all delivery options. These attachments may include documents that the university needs to complete on your behalf or documents that are simply required to accompany your transcript. The university reserves the right to review and refuse the sending of any attachments. Attachments may be in pdf, doc, docx, jpg, jpeg or png format.
To receive help with any part of the transcript ordering process, contact the Clearinghouse at (703) 742-4200. A list of frequently asked questions and transcript ordering topics are located on the My Student Center.
There are no refunds. Please ensure you enter the correct recipient email or mailing address.
An official transcript can be ordered on the National Student Clearinghouse website.