Mission and Guiding Principles
Johnson & Wales University ... an exceptional education that inspires professional success and lifelong personal and intellectual growth.
In support of our mission and recognizing the importance of preserving our distinctive student-centered culture, we are guided by the following principles:
- Undertake continuous improvement and planning for a sustainable future.
- Foster an evidence-based teaching and learning environment.
- Support faculty scholarship to advance our status as a comprehensive university.
- Maximize student potential by further enriching our academic programs with experiential and work-integrated learning.
- Value our faculty and staff.
- Embrace diversity for a richly inclusive community.
- Practice ethical citizenship in all aspects of university life.
- Act as a good steward of our resources to support the needs of our students, faculty and staff.