Mission and Guiding Principles
Johnson & Wales University … an exceptional education that inspires professional success and lifelong personal and intellectual growth.
In support of our mission and recognizing the importance of preserving our unique student-centered culture we will be guided by the following principles:
- Undertake continuous improvement and planning for a sustainable future.
- Foster a teaching-focused university that encourages appropriate scholarship and offers relevant programs that maximize student potential.
- Enrich our academic programs with experiential and work-integrated learning.
- Be cost-conscious in our endeavor to provide an affordable private university education and be a good steward of our resources.
- Embrace diversity for a richly inclusive community.
- Model ethical behavior and local, national and global citizenship.
- Value our faculty and staff by investing in their quality of life and professional development.
- Provide facilities, technology and other resources to meet the needs of students, faculty and staff.