MBA - Sport Leadership Concentration
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a concentration in Sport Leadership provides the graduate student the opportunity to hone leadership skills necessary for success in today’s complex and ever-changing global business environment. Core courses reinforce the ability to critically analyze and assess organizational challenges, while concentration courses advance the student’s level of professional competency and expertise demanded of today’s sports executives. This program can add practical value to students’ professional growth as they consider career opportunities in the areas of data and analytics, sales and sponsorship, marketing, new business development, and emerging fields such as esports and digital sports streaming.
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision-making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision-making in domestic and global organizations.
- Connect leadership principles and knowledge of the sport industry operations to advance organizational objectives and support strategic initiatives.
Master of Business Administration — Sport Leadership Concentration
Master of Business Administration
|ACCT5000||Corporate Financial Accounting||3|
|ECON5000||A Survey of Economic Principles||3|
|FISV5720||Financial Reporting and Control||3|
|MGMT5900||Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility and Law||3|
|RSCH5800||Evidence-Based Research in Management||3|
|Sport Leadership Courses *|
|SPL5100||Sports and Entertainment Venues & Events, Development and Management||3|
|SPL6030||Global Issues in Sport Leadership||3|
|SPL6050||Contemporary Leadership Strategies in Sport||3|
|SPL6070||Effective Communication Strategies in Sport||3|
|Career Capstone Course|
|MGMT6800||Business Policy and Strategy||3|
Note for Providence campus students: MBA concentration courses may only be available online. Students should consult with their academic counselor/advisor regarding course availability and for planning.