MBA - Sport Leadership Concentration
Please note that this program will not be offered on the North Miami Campus for the 2018-2019 Academic Year.
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a concentration in Sport Leadership provides the graduate student the opportunity to hone leadership skills necessary for success in today’s complex and ever-changing global business environment. Core courses reinforce the ability to critically analyze and assess organizational challenges, while concentration courses advance the student’s level of professional competency and expertise demanded of today’s sports executives. This program can add practical value to students’ professional growth as they consider career opportunities in the areas of data and analytics, sales and sponsorship, marketing, new business development, and emerging fields such as eSports and digital sports streaming.
Upon completion of this program graduates are expected to:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision-making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision-making in domestic and global organizations.
- Connect leadership principles and knowledge of the sport industry operations to advance organizational objectives and support strategic initiatives.
Providence and North Miami students admitted to graduate programs in the College of Business who meet the English Proficiency Requirements but whose undergraduate degree was not earned at a American university or at a university located in a country in which the official language is English will be required to take a communications skills assessment. A list of those countries may be found online. Graduate students exiting the English as a Second Language Program at Johnson & Wales University may also be required to take a writing assessment.
Master of Business Administration — Sport Leadership Concentration
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
|ECON5000||Economics in the Global Economy||3|
|FISV5000||Corporate Financial Accounting||3|
|FISV5526||Financial Reporting and Control||3|
|MGMT5900||Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility and Law||3|
|RSCH5700||Research and Inquiry||3|
|Sport Leadership Courses *|
|SPL5100||Sports and Entertainment Venues & Events, Development and Management||3|
|SPL6030||Global Issues in Sport Leadership||3|
|SPL6050||Contemporary Leadership Strategies in Sport||3|
|SPL6070||Effective Communication Strategies in Sport||3|
|Career Capstone Course|
|MGMT6800||Business Policy and Strategy||3|
Sport Leadership concentration courses will only be offered online for students at the Denver and North Miami campuses; in addition, Providence campus may only offer concentration courses online.