MBA - Operations and Supply Chain Management Concentration
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a concentration in Operations and Supply Chain Management allows graduate students to recommend and command business decisions as they relate to continuous process improvement and strategic management. Emphasis is on quality control, process improvement, procurement and profit maximization. The program is developed and updated in collaboration with students and successful industry leaders, enabling our diverse student body to advance in their professional careers by attaining business competencies as well as leadership, strategic and creative thinking skills in the ever-changing global business environment.
The program allows graduate students to delve deeper into the realms of logistics, operations management, strategic sourcing and other aspects of business operations. Companies are looking to improve processes and streamline services in order to remain competitive in the evolving business landscape. The curriculum is informed by the Lean certification body of knowledge and allows students a pathway to pursue industry-relevant certification.
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision-making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision making in domestic and global organizations.
- Analyze business supply chains and make strategic recommendations for maximizing benefits to all stakeholders.
Master of Business Administration – Operations and Supply Chain Management Concentration
Master of Business Administration
|ECON5000||A Survey of Economic Principles||3|
|FISV5000||Corporate Financial Accounting||3|
|FISV5720||Financial Reporting and Control||3|
|MGMT5900||Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility and Law||3|
|RSCH5800||Evidence-Based Research in Management||3|
|Operations and Supply Chain Management Courses *|
|MGMT6310||Designing & Managing Supply Chains||3|
|MGMT6320||Global Strategic Sourcing||3|
|MGMT6340||Lean Production and Quality Control||3|
|Career Capstone Course|
|MGMT6800||Business Policy and Strategy||3|
Note for Providence campus students: MBA concentration courses may only be available online. Students should consult with their academic counselor/advisor regarding course availability and for planning.