MBA - Marketing Concentration
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a concentration in Marketing provides graduate students with knowledge and information about marketing strategy within the framework of business strategy and its interdependent functional strategies that create and deliver the value proposition. The marketing concentration emphasizes the importance of stakeholders in managing and/or revitalizing brands over time. Students create growth strategies utilizing market penetration and development, product development and diversification approaches. Students create hybrid distribution strategies that leverage partnerships and provide access to target markets utilizing traditional, online and digital channels designed to deliver interactive, omnichannel customer experiences that put customers at the center of all decisions.
Upon completion of this program, graduates are expected to:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision-making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, pose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision making in domestic and global organizations.
- Create marketing and branding strategies within the framework of business strategy, leveraging traditional, digital and social media that influence targeted stakeholders.
Master of Business Administration — Marketing Concentration
Master of Business Administration
|ECON5000||A Survey of Economic Principles||3|
|FISV5000||Corporate Financial Accounting||3|
|FISV5720||Financial Reporting and Control||3|
|IBUS5511||Global Economic Environments||3|
|RSCH5800||Evidence-Based Research in Management||3|
|Marketing Courses *|
|MRKT6010||Advertising and Promotional Strategies||3|
|Choose two of the following:||6|
|Marketing in the Digital Environment|
|Digital Analytics for Marketing Managers|
|Social Media & Internet Marketing|
|Career Capstone Course|
|MGMT6800||Business Policy and Strategy||3|
Note for Providence campus students: MBA concentration courses may only be available online. Students should consult with their academic counselor/advisor regarding course availability and for planning.