MBA - Event Leadership Concentration
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a concentration in Event Leadership provides the graduate student the opportunity to gain knowledge and information that enables the effective organization and management of events in the corporate, public and private sectors. Both global and domestic live events will be examined, and students learn to synthesize theory and apply industry-specific skills and leadership techniques. This degree encompasses the management demands of events, a dynamic facet of numerous industries. Topics include event leadership, research, design, planning, coordination, execution, site selection, venue management, multipurpose event spaces, sales, negotiations, sustainability, marketing and budgeting. Students gain a sound understanding of how to strategically and effectively design, plan and execute live events in the corporate, private and public sectors in multiple geographic areas. Graduates of the MBA degree with a concentration in Event Leadership may strive to seek leadership positions within the dynamic and global events industry.
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision-making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision making in domestic and global organizations.
- Advance organizational objectives and support strategic initiatives through the development and production of events.
Master of Business Administration — Event Leadership Concentration
Master of Business Administration
|ECON5000||A Survey of Economic Principles||3|
|FISV5000||Corporate Financial Accounting||3|
|FISV5720||Financial Reporting and Control||3|
|MGMT5900||Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility and Law||3|
|RSCH5800||Evidence-Based Research in Management||3|
|Event Leadership Courses *|
|SEE6000||Event Leadership and Planning||3|
|SEE6020||Event Operations & Risk Management||3|
|SEE6040||Sustainable Event Management||3|
|SEE6060||Negotiations for Event Management||3|
|Career Capstone Course|
|MGMT6800||Business Policy and Strategy||3|
Note for Providence campus students: MBA concentration courses may only be available online. Students should consult with their academic counselor/advisor regarding course availability and for planning.