MBA - Organizational Psychology Concentration
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a concentration in Organizational Psychology provides the graduate student the opportunity to use relevant business skills to address complex issues that exist within the organizational environment. Core courses reinforce the ability to critically analyze and assess industry challenges, while concentration courses advance the students’ level of professional expertise in areas such as motivation, performance and talent development.
Upon completion of this program, graduates are expected to:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision making in domestic and global organizations.
- Evaluate and integrate relevant academic/professional literature to formulate action plans to improve group and team performance in alignment with organizational competency models.
Providence and North Miami students admitted to graduate programs in the College of Business who meet the English Proficiency Requirements but whose undergraduate degree was not earned at a American university or at a university located in a country in which the official language is English will be required to take a communications skills assessment. A list of those countries may be found online. Graduate students exiting the English as a Second Language Program at Johnson & Wales University may also be required to take a writing assessment.
Master of Business Administration — Organizational Psychology Concentration
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
|ECON5000||Economics in the Global Economy||3|
|FISV5000||Corporate Financial Accounting||3|
|FISV5526||Financial Reporting and Control||3|
|MGMT5900||Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility and Law||3|
|RSCH5700||Research and Inquiry||3|
|Organizational Psychology Courses *|
|Choose two of the following:||6|
|Coaching and Consultation Skills|
|Attitude and Motivation in the Workplace|
One HRM, LEAD or PSYC course, 5000 level or higher
|Career Capstone Course|
|MGMT6800||Business Policy and Strategy||3|
Organizational Psychology concentration courses will only be offered online.