MBA - Finance Concentration
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a concentration in Finance takes the graduate student to the next level of strategy and analysis. The program's specialized curriculum allows students to focus their advanced degree studies to best position themselves for success in the evolving corporate environment. Developed and updated in collaboration with students and successful industry leaders, the MBA degree program with a concentration in Finance provides our diverse student body with the expertise to advance in their professional careers by attaining business competencies as well as leadership, strategic and creative-thinking skills in the ever-changing global business environment.
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision making in domestic and global organizations.
- Apply knowledge of financial theories and practices to solve organizational and consumer economic challenges.
Providence and North Miami students admitted to graduate programs in the College of Business who meet the English Proficiency Requirements but whose undergraduate degree was not earned at a American university or at a university located in a country in which the official language is English will be required to take a communications skills assessment. A list of those countries may be found online. Graduate students exiting the English as a Second Language Program at Johnson & Wales University are also required to take the assessment. Students who do not pass the assessment will be required to enroll in ENG5000 Management Communication Skills.
Master of Business Administration — Finance Concentration
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
|ECON5000||Economics in the Global Economy||3|
|FISV5000||Corporate Financial Accounting||3|
|FISV5526||Financial Reporting and Control||3|
|MGMT5900||Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility and Law||3|
|RSCH5700||Research and Inquiry||3|
|FISV6050||Strategic Financial Planning||3|
|Choose three of the following:||9|
|Personal Financial Planning|
|Principles of Risk and Insurance|
|Fundamentals of Investment and Portfolio Management|
|Managing Capital Markets|
|Bond Market Analysis|
|Applied Behavioral Finance|
|Derivatives and Risk Management|
|Institutional Portfolio Management|
|Career Capstone Course|
|MGMT6800||Business Policy and Strategy||3|