Organizational Psychology - M.S.
The Organizational Psychology Master of Science degree program prepares students to tackle complex issues within organizational settings, such as attitude and motivation, group and team performance, and organizational effectiveness. The program also emphasizes awareness, understanding and appreciation for diverse and global perspectives to not only apply psychology to “issues of critical relevance to business,” as defined by the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP), but to a broader society of workers.
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Use psychological theories and evidence based approaches to resolve issues involving individuals and groups in the workplace.
- Employ professional communication skills to assess, explain and influence individual group and organizational behavior.
- Institute ethical and socially responsible practices to positively influence organizational culture.
- Evaluate and integrate relevant academic/professional literature to formulate action plans to improve group and team performance in alignment with organizational competency models.
- Demonstrate a developed professional identity as a scholar practitioner that reflects a deep understanding of key issues facing the field of organizational psychology.
The Organizational Psychology program incorporates career-related knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as opportunities for experiential learning, that prepare graduates for lifelong learning and professional success in fields such as human resources, government, business, nonprofits, marketing and the helping professions.
Master of Science
|LEAD6100||Leadership Theory and Practice||3|
|MGMT6360||Organizational Theory and Change||3|
|PSYC5450||Attitude and Motivation in the Workplace||3|
|PSYC6800||Organizational Psychology Capstone I||3|
|PSYC6820||Organizational Psychology Capstone II||3|
|RSCH5700||Research and Inquiry||3|
|Choose one of the following:||3|
|Coaching and Consultation Skills|
|Human Resource Management|