International Admissions Requirements
Applicants who are not United States citizens or permanent residents (holding a “green card” or permanent resident card) of the United States must meet the same admissions requirements as all other applicants, including some additional documentation.
International applicants must submit the following:
- An accurate, complete and legible international application must be submitted. All schools attended must be listed with dates of attendance.
- Official secondary school transcript showing subjects and marks received with graduation date. Diplomas and any external examination results should be submitted, if applicable. Students who have not yet graduated from secondary school must submit a transcript showing all completed work, and expected results and graduation date may be submitted for review.
- Certified word-for-word translations must be submitted with all non-English documents.
- Applicants who have attended any college or university must submit transcripts, marks sheets, diplomas or certificates from all post-secondary institutions attended, along with course descriptions and credit values for transfer review.
- Applicants whose primary language is not English must provide proof of English proficiency through academic transcripts or testing. English language proficiency is required for admission to all programs of study at Johnson & Wales University, regardless of country of citizenship or residency.
- English Language Proficiency test results (if applicable or available, please see the English Proficiency Requirements).
- All English Proficiency documents should be uploaded to the student's applicant portal for review.
- Reservation deposit submitted via applicant portal.
- Copy of biographical section of applicant’s current passport.
- Certified bank statement or government sponsorship letter verifying financial support for one academic year. Bank statements cannot be older than three months from the time of issue.
- Completed financial declaration signed by both the applicant and sponsor.
- Transfer verification form, if the student is currently on an F-1 visa and studying in the United States. This form will be sent to students as applicable.
- All I-20 documents should be uploaded to the student's applicant portal for review.
All documents and information should be clear and legible; if important information cannot be read by the International Admissions staff, the admissions process is delayed.
Official or certified final documents should be sent by courier or brought to the campus where the student intends to enroll.
Johnson & Wales University
8 Abbott Park Place
Providence, RI 02903 USA
Johnson & Wales University
801 West Trade Street
Charlotte, NC 28202 USA