Outside Scholarships

There are many other potential scholarship sources that students should consider to help finance their education. Students should contact the Higher Education Assistance Agency in their home state for information about the possibility of state grants or scholarships. It is recommended that students apply for outside scholarships as soon as possible since most organizations have early application deadlines.

Scholarship aid is often available from high school and community organizations with which students or their parent(s) may be affiliated. Local libraries are an excellent resource for finding information on scholarships from organizations throughout the United States. There are also a number of websites available to assist students in their scholarship search. View a guide to free scholarship searches online, and visit iGrad via jwuLink to view the Scholarship Center.

Many companies provide scholarship aid for children of their employees, while others provide aid directly to students who work for them part time while in school.

View the complete list of JWU scholarships, get more information and download applications.

American Hotel & Lodging Educational Foundation

Scholarship aid is allocated each year by the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Foundation to the College of Hospitality Management. Awards are made on the basis of student intent to work in the hotel industry, cumulative average and need. Sophomores who are continuing their education should contact their faculty advisor for further information. The foundation also offers numerous scholarships for culinary arts majors.

Tuition Guaranty Bond

The Tuition Guaranty Bond (for prepaid tuition held) is located in the Executive Office of the Academic Center. The address is 801 West Trade St., Suite 500, Charlotte, NC 28202. Please contact this office at 980-598-1020 if you would like to access and view the bond.