To fulfill general and academic eligibility requirements, each student-athlete at the Johnson & Wales Providence Campus must
- Be a full-time matriculating undergraduate student enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester credit hours (with the exception of seniors who need less than 12 credit hours to graduate and who have verification from the director of compliance) or a full-time matriculating graduate student enrolled in a minimum of 9 semester credit hours.
- Attain a 1.85 GPA after their first semester of full-time enrollment and a 2.00 cumulative GPA every semester thereafter; graduate program students must maintain a 3.00 cumulative GPA.
- Maintain progress towards degree completion as defined in Satisfactory Academic Progress standards.
- Sign NCAA student-athlete statement forms related to eligibility, recruitment, financial aid, amateur status, etc.
- Sign an NCAA drug testing consent form.
- Sign conference and department sportsmanship and code of conduct forms.
Competition includes both local rivals and members of the university’s conferences. Among Johnson & Wales University’s athletic affiliations are the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC), New England Hockey Conference (NEHC), New England Wrestling Association (NEWA), Intercollegiate Dressage Association (IDA), Intercollegiate Horse Shows Association (IHSA) and the Mid-Atlantic Rowing Conference (MARC). Johnson & Wales University teams have proven to be strong competitors and have won conference titles in baseball, softball, wrestling, men’s and women's basketball, men’s and women’s soccer, and women’s volleyball.
Note: The university reserves the right to hold transcripts, registration eligibility and/or diplomas if uniforms and/or equipment are not returned to Athletics after the official competition season.
|Field Hockey||Fall||Late August|
|Equestrian (Dressage)||Fall/Spring||Early September|
|Equestrian (Hunt Seat)||Fall/Spring||Early September|
|Ice Hockey||Winter||Early October|
For information on tryouts and schedules, please contact Athletics using the JWU Directory.