To fulfill general and academic eligibility requirements, each student-athlete at the Johnson & Wales Providence Campus must
- Be a full-time matriculating student enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester credit hours.
- Maintain a 2.00 or above grade point average. (First-year students must attain a 1.50 GPA after one semester of full-time enrollment and a 1.85 GPA after two semesters of full-time enrollment; graduate program students must maintain a 3.00 or above GPA.)
- Earn a minimum of 24 semester-hour degree credits every academic year.
- Sign NCAA student-athlete statement forms related to eligibility, recruitment, financial aid, amateur status, etc.
- Sign an NCAA drug testing consent form.
- Sign conference and department sportsmanship and code of conduct forms.
Competition includes both local rivals and members of the university’s conferences. Among Johnson & Wales University’s athletic affiliations are the NCAA and Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC). Johnson & Wales University teams have proven to be strong competitors and have won conference titles in baseball, softball, wrestling, men’s and women's basketball, men’s and women’s soccer, and women’s volleyball.
Note: The university reserves the right to hold transcripts, registration eligibility and/or diplomas if uniforms and/or equipment are not returned to Athletics after the official competition season.
|Field Hockey||Fall||Late August|
|Equestrian (Dressage)||Fall/Spring||Early September|
|Equestrian (Hunt Seat)||Fall/Spring||Early September|
|Ice Hockey||Winter||Early October|
Cheerleading is a varsity club activity.
For information on tryouts and schedules, please contact Athletics using the JWU Directory.