Automobiles parked on university property are subject to the following regulations:
- All vehicles parked on university property must have a valid parking permit, or they are subject to ticketing, fines and towing at the owner’s expense.
- Parking permits are nonrefundable and are only transferable to an alternate vehicle of the original owner, upon approval of the director of Campus Safety & Security or the director's designee. Changes in vehicle information, however temporary, must be reported to Campus Safety & Security at 980-598-1900 immediately.
- Permits are only valid for the parking area and period indicated. All hang tags and access cards for parking must be returned or renewed no later than 2 business days after the last day of each term. Failure to comply will result in a fine of $100 for replacement of the equipment.
- Vehicles parked on campus must be in a marked space. Vehicles parked in fire lanes and loading zones or blocking aisles will be towed immediately at the owner’s expense.
- Johnson & Wales reserves the right to tow any vehicle from any university-owned property at any time at the owner’s expense.
- The university is not responsible for any vehicle or its contents while it is parked on university-owned property. Any vandalism, theft or other damage should be reported to Campus Safety & Security for investigation.
- Due to the limited amount of space, there is no visitor parking available on campus. Any vehicle not meeting the above guidelines will be subject to ticketing, fines and towing at the owner’s expense.
- During special events on campus, weekends, holidays or sporting events, parking may be restricted and subject to an additional parking fee.
- Failure to operate a vehicle with reasonable care can and will result in immediate revocation of parking privileges without a refund.
- Vehicles parked on university property are subject to search in the event a violation of the Student Code of Conduct or other university rule(s) has occurred or is believed to have occurred.
Payments and Appeals of Parking Citations
- During regular business hours, parking citations may be paid at the cashier window at Student Academic & Financial Services (located in Gateway Village, 800 W. Trade St., Suite 160) or mailed, as the citation is a pre-addressed envelope.
- Any person found in violation of university parking regulations, and consequently cited, shall have an opportunity to appeal the citation to the director of Campus Safety & Security.
- Appeals may be made on the grounds that the facts in the citation are in error, the citation was issued in error, or there were mitigating circumstances which may excuse the violation.
- Appeals must be in writing, and may be emailed. Appeals must be made within 5 business days of the date the citation was issued.