Residential Life

Living in a residence hall provides students many opportunities to interact with other students in both an educational and social setting. Please carefully read the following important information on securing campus housing. Students who have questions should contact Residential Life.

Generally, all new incoming students are required to reside on campus for their first year of study. This requirement does not apply to graduate students.

A housing exemption may be granted only for one or more of the following reasons:

  • students who are 21 years of age or older
  • transfer students
  • students who are single parents
  • students who are married or have a domestic partner
  • students who live with an adult relative within a 30-mile radius of the campus (as determined by MapQuest)

Students who meet one or more of these criteria should contact Residential Life directly by email.

Students who have been convicted of certain felonies (or have had certain felony-type charges sustained in a juvenile proceeding), such as crimes of violence, serious drug offenses and sex offenses, are not eligible to live in university housing.

Residential Life provides information regarding a variety of living accommodations on and near campus, as well as programs for students and opportunities for involvement. For additional opportunities to get involved on campus, please contact Student Involvement & Leadership

Students requesting reasonable accommodations should contact the Center for Academic Support.