International Beverage Management - M.S.
Please note that this program will not be offered during the 2022-2023 Academic Year.
The International Beverage Management Master of Science degree program is designed for professionals who are currently in or wish to enter beverage-related businesses. It advances the knowledge of beverage, including beverage products, beverage management, current and new and emerging markets, consumers, and the value chain for global beverages. Students develop skills to use this knowledge to make decisions and take actions that produce positive results in the business marketplace, and to function in an exciting and fast-changing business environment, by recognizing and exploiting developing trends. As the beverage industry expands locally, nationally and internationally, this degree offers the opportunity to develop these necessary skills and develop them into industry leaders.
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Demonstrate fluency in the professional language of the beverage industry.
- Demonstrate competence with practical techniques used to analyze the sensory properties of beverages.
- Critically analyze research to inform socially responsible decision-making within beverage organizations.
- Develop marketing plans for beverage products and markets that encompass legislative, cultural, sociological and motivational differences.
- Understand the biological and chemical bases of brewing, distilling and winemaking processes.
International Beverage Management
Master of Science
|BEV5100||General Studies in Fermentation Science||3|
|BEV5200||Advanced Global Wine Studies||3|
|BEV5250||Advanced Global Studies in Beer and Brewing Operations||3|
|BEV5300||Advanced Global Spirits Studies||3|
|BEV5350||Advanced Beverage Marketing and Retail||3|
|BEV5400||Contemporary Issues in the Global Beverage Industry||3|
|or COHM6799||College of Hospitality Management Graduate Internship|
|MRKT6543||Social Media & Internet Marketing||3|
|RSCH5700||Research and Inquiry||3|