Information Security/Assurance - MS
The Information Security/Assurance Master of Science degree program builds cogently on the body of knowledge associated with the protection of networks, communication channels and information, and incorporates a set of core competencies in both technology and business as they relate to planning, implementing and managing system- and enterprise-level security. This program is targeted for students who have bachelor’s degrees in information technology, computer science, and network and software engineering, as well as others who have earned bachelor’s degrees in fields outside these areas but need the graduate-level degree to advance professionally. All students must complete a capstone project.
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Research, establish and apply strategies and solutions that demonstrate an understanding of security foundations and the practical applications in the information security/assurance field.
- Integrate information security solutions through the alignment of appropriate security methodologies to different security situations.
- Develop system security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures.
- Propose and test policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and availability and the prevention of unauthorized access.
- Effectively communicate information security assessments, plans and actions to all stakeholders, both technical and nontechnical.
- Assess and summarize the legal standards, laws and regulations related to information security/assurance in the global community.
This program is a 12-course degree with a 6-course core and 5-course focus area. The final program requirement is a 3.0 credit capstone research project.
ISA5005 Network Fundamentals (offered online only) or an approved equivalent is a requirement for this program. Students who do not have this course or an approved equivalent within their undergraduate program, or who transferred in, will need to complete this foundation course prior to registering for core and focus classes.
Master of Science (M.S.)
CreditsFoundation Course (Offered online only)
|ISA5020||Foundations of Information Security Management||3|
|ISA5030||Legal and Ethical Principles in IT||3|
|ISA5040||Network Security and Cryptography||3|
|ISA5050||Digital/Computer Forensics and Investigation||3|
|RSCH5700||Research and Inquiry||3|
|Business Focus Courses||15|
|Enterprise Data Management|
|Business Continuity Planning|
|Risk Management and Incident Response|
|Cyber Science and IT Business Operations|
|Information Security Policy and Governance|
|Career Capstone Course|
|ISA6090||Information Security & Assurance Capstone Research Project||3|