MBA - Sport Leadership Concentration
As of June 23, 2020, programs in this catalog will no longer be offered to new students at the Denver campus. At the close of the 2020-2021 academic year (subject to possible courses through the summer of 2021), no programs in this catalog will be offered to any students at the Denver campus, as the Denver and North Miami campuses will be closing after the end of the 2020-2021 academic year (subject to possible courses through the summer of 2021).
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a concentration in Sport Leadership provides the graduate student the opportunity to hone leadership skills necessary for success in today’s complex and ever-changing global business environment. Core courses reinforce the ability to critically analyze and assess organizational challenges, while concentration courses advance the student’s level of professional competency and expertise demanded of today’s sports executives. This program can add practical value to students’ professional growth as they consider career opportunities in the areas of data and analytics, sales and sponsorship, marketing, new business development, and emerging fields such as esports and digital sports streaming.
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision-making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision-making in domestic and global organizations.
- Connect leadership principles and knowledge of the sport industry operations to advance organizational objectives and support strategic initiatives.
Master of Business Administration — Sport Leadership Concentration
Master of Business Administration
|ECON5000||A Survey of Economic Principles||3|
|FISV5000||Corporate Financial Accounting||3|
|FISV5720||Financial Reporting and Control||3|
|MGMT5900||Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility and Law||3|
|RSCH5800||Evidence-Based Research in Management||3|
|Sport Leadership Courses *|
|SPL5100||Sports and Entertainment Venues & Events, Development and Management||3|
|SPL6030||Global Issues in Sport Leadership||3|
|SPL6050||Contemporary Leadership Strategies in Sport||3|
|SPL6070||Effective Communication Strategies in Sport||3|
|Career Capstone Course|
|MGMT6800||Business Policy and Strategy||3|
Sport Leadership concentration courses are only offered online for students at the North Miami campus; in addition, Denver and Providence Campus may only offer concentration courses online.