MBA - Organizational Leadership Concentration
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a concentration in Organizational Leadership provides the graduate student the opportunity to hone leadership skills necessary for success in today’s complex and ever-changing global business environment. Core courses reinforce the ability to critically analyze and assess organizational challenges, while concentration courses advance the student’s level of professional competency and expertise demanded in current leadership thinking and application. This program can add practical value to students’ professional growth as they consider career opportunities in the areas of management, administration, sales, marketing, consulting, labor relations and human resources.
Upon completion of this program graduates are expected to:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision making in domestic and global organizations.
- Apply contemporary leadership models and theories to support organizational effectiveness in a global environment.
Providence and North Miami students admitted to graduate programs in the College of Business who meet the English Proficiency Requirements but whose undergraduate degree was not earned at a American university or at a university located in a country in which the official language is English will be required to take a communications skills assessment. A list of those countries may be found online. Graduate students exiting the English as a Second Language Program at Johnson & Wales University may also be required to take a writing assessment.
Master of Business Administration — Organizational Leadership Concentration
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
|ECON5000||Economics in the Global Economy||3|
|FISV5000||Corporate Financial Accounting||3|
|FISV5526||Financial Reporting and Control||3|
|MGMT5900||Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility and Law||3|
|RSCH5700||Research and Inquiry||3|
|Organizational Leadership Courses *|
|MGMT6056||Contemporary Leadership Issues and Strategies||3|
|MGMT6150||Coaching and Consultation Skills||3|
|Choose two of the following:||6|
|Corporate Social Responsibility|
|Organizational Behavior in the Hospitality Industry|
|Women and Leadership in Society|
|Career Capstone Course|
|MGMT6800||Business Policy and Strategy||3|
Organizational Leadership concentration courses will only be offered online for students at the Denver campus. For students at the Providence campus, HOSP6060 Corporate Social Responsibility, HOSP6120 Organizational Behavior in the Hospitality Industry and MGMT6150 Coaching and Consultation Skills will only be offered online.