MBA - Nonprofit Management Concentration
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a concentration in Nonprofit Management allows graduate students to strengthen their abilities to develop, innovate and manage solutions to societal issues. The curriculum leverages the knowledge from the traditional business body of knowledge that an MBA candidate is expected to demonstrate and complements the specifics of community and organizational collaboration. Developed and updated in collaboration with students and successful industry leaders, the MBA degree program with a concentration in Nonprofit Management provides our diverse student body with the expertise needed to advance in their professional careers by attaining business competencies as well as leadership, strategic and creative‐thinking skills in the ever‐changing global business environment.
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision-making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Access and evaluate business entities, taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision-making in domestic and global organizations.
- Apply appropriate decision-making processes and skills to effectively manage nonprofit organizations.
Master of Business Administration — Nonprofit Management Concentration
Master of Business Administration
|ECON5000||A Survey of Economic Principles||3|
|FISV5000||Corporate Financial Accounting||3|
|FISV5720||Financial Reporting and Control||3|
|MGMT5900||Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility and Law||3|
|RSCH5800||Evidence-Based Research in Management||3|
|Nonprofit Management Courses *|
|NPM5010||Theory and Practice of Nonprofit Management||3|
|NPM5020||Methodological, Decision-Making and Analytic Techniques||3|
|Choose two of the following:||6|
|Financial Management and Budgeting in Nonprofit Organizations|
|Resource Development for Nonprofits|
|Public, Private and Nonprofit Collaboration|
|Personnel Deployment in Nonprofits|
|Ethics and Social Change|
|Career Capstone Course|
|MGMT6800||Business Policy and Strategy||3|
Nonprofit Management concentration courses are only offered online.