MBA - Information Technology Concentration
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a concentration in Information Technology is designed to assist IT professionals in advancing their careers by providing a solid foundation of graduate-level business courses to complement their IT experience and coursework. A major challenge in today’s business environment is how professionally competent practitioners make the transition to managing people and business operations without losing their professional knowledge and expertise.
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision making in domestic and global organizations.
- Apply technological, innovative, and strategic approaches to information management to support business goals and strategy.
Graduates will learn executive business competencies, professional leadership, and strategic and creative thinking skills that will help them ethically solve problems that occur in the global business environment in culturally sensitive ways.
This program allows IT professionals to develop both their professional skills (concentration courses) and management skills while learning to think strategically in a complex, cost-competitive, knowledge-based environment.
This MBA concentration will allow successful graduates to excel at both leading and doing. In this challenging employment environment, IT professionals must not only be competent in their fields, but be known as “can-do” leaders. This combination gives our graduates that clear edge to succeed.
Master of Business Administration - Information Technology Concentration
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
|ECON5000||Economics in the Global Economy||3|
|FISV5000||Corporate Financial Accounting||3|
|FISV5526||Financial Reporting and Control||3|
|IBUS5511||Global Economic Environments||3|
|MGMT5900||Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility and Law||3|
|RSCH5700||Research and Inquiry||3|
|Information Technology Courses|
|ITEC6514||Decision Support Systems||3|
|ITEC6524||Enterprise Data Management||3|
|ITEC6534||Strategic Management of Information Technology||3|
|ITEC6544||Current Trends and Issues in Information Technology||3|
|Career Capstone Course|
|MGMT6800||Business Policy and Strategy||3|