MBA - Human Resource Management Concentration
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a concentration in Human Resource Management delves into the realms of retention, organizational behavior and other aspects of human capital. The program's specialized curriculum allows students to focus their advanced degree studies to best position themselves for success in the changing landscape of human resources. Developed and updated in collaboration with students and successful industry leaders, the MBA degree program with a concentration in Human Resource Management provides our diverse student body with the expertise needed to advance in their professional careers by attaining business competencies as well as leadership, strategic and creative-thinking skills in the ever-changing global business environment.
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision making in domestic and global organizations.
- Apply professional standards and practices for ethical conduct, legal requirements and regulatory guidelines in the administration of human resource policies and procedures.
Providence and North Miami students admitted to graduate programs in the College of Business who meet the English Proficiency Requirements but whose undergraduate degree was not earned at a American university or at a university located in a country in which the official language is English will be required to take a communications skills assessment. A list of those countries may be found online. Graduate students exiting the English as a Second Language Program at Johnson & Wales University may also be required to take a writing assessment.
Master of Business Administration - Human Resource Management Concentration
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
|ECON5000||Economics in the Global Economy||3|
|FISV5000||Corporate Financial Accounting||3|
|FISV5526||Financial Reporting and Control||3|
|MGMT5900||Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility and Law||3|
|RSCH5700||Research and Inquiry||3|
|Human Resource Management Courses|
|HRM5010||Human Resource Management||3|
|HRM5020||Labor and Employee Relations||3|
|HRM5040||Organizational Training and Development||3|
|HRM5050||Strategic Recruiting, Retention and Succession||3|
|Career Capstone Course|
|MGMT6800||Business Policy and Strategy||3|