MBA- Global Fashion Merchandising & Management Concentration
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a concentration in Global Fashion Merchandising and Management allows students to acquire the skills and experiences needed to fulfill executive-level positions within the global fashion industry. As the fashion industry expands globally, there is a need for highly educated and trained leaders. This advanced program enables student to research and apply theoretical knowledge and to utilize best practices in relation to contemporary issues in the field.
This concentration is intended to enhance the foundation in business administration delivered through the core courses of Johnson and Wales University's MBA program. Students learn and apply diverse perspectives of the global fashion and merchandising industries in such disciplines as sustainability, merchandising management and consumer behavior. Additional emphasis is placed on analyzing the impact of ethical and moral decision-making in terms of issues involved in the production, manufacture, distribution, marketing and retailing of textiles and materials, apparel, accessories and home goods.
This program combines advanced analytical business skills and specific knowledge of the global fashion industry, distinguishing it from master's-level fashion degrees that have little emphasis on skills necessary to manage and expand global fashion organizations.
Foundation courses should be completed prior to registering for core and concentration courses.
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision-making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision making in domestic and global organizations.
- Develop innovative and strategic solutions to resolve challenges in the global fashion and merchandising industries.
Master of Business Administration — Global Fashion Merchandising and Management Concentration
Master of Business Administration
|ECON5000||A Survey of Economic Principles||3|
|FISV5000||Corporate Financial Accounting||3|
|FISV5720||Financial Reporting and Control||3|
|IBUS5511||Global Economic Environments||3|
|RSCH5800||Evidence-Based Research in Management||3|
|Global Fashion Merchandising and Management Courses|
|RTL6010||Concepts and Theories in Fashion and Merchandising||3|
|RTL6030||Ethics in the Fashion Industry||3|
|RTL6040||Sustainability in the Apparel and Retail Industry||3|
|RTL6050||Merchandising Management in the 21st Century||3|
|Career Capstone Course|
|MGMT6800||Business Policy and Strategy||3|