MBA - Finance Concentration
As of June 23, 2020, programs in this catalog will no longer be offered to new students at the North Miami campus. At the close of the 2020-2021 academic year (subject to possible courses through the summer of 2021), no programs in this catalog will be offered to any students at the North Miami campus, as the Denver and North Miami campuses will be closing after the end of the 2020-2021 academic year (subject to possible courses through the summer of 2021).
The Master of Business Administration degree program with a concentration in Finance takes the graduate student to the next level of strategy and analysis. The program's specialized curriculum allows students to focus their advanced degree studies to best position themselves for success in the evolving corporate environment. Developed and updated in collaboration with students and successful industry leaders, the MBA degree program with a concentration in Finance provides our diverse student body with the expertise to advance in their professional careers by attaining business competencies as well as leadership, strategic and creative-thinking skills in the ever-changing global business environment.
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision-making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision making in domestic and global organizations.
- Apply knowledge of financial theories and practices to solve organizational and consumer economic challenges.
Master of Business Administration - Finance Concentration
Master of Business Administration
|ECON5000||A Survey of Economic Principles||3|
|FISV5000||Corporate Financial Accounting||3|
|FISV5720||Financial Reporting and Control||3|
|MGMT5900||Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility and Law||3|
|RSCH5800||Evidence-Based Research in Management||3|
|Finance Courses *|
|FISV6050||Strategic Financial Planning||3|
|Choose three of the following:||9|
|Personal Financial Planning|
|Principles of Risk and Insurance|
|Fundamentals of Investment and Portfolio Management|
|Managing Capital Markets|
|Bond Market Analysis|
|Applied Behavioral Finance|
|Derivatives and Risk Management|
|Institutional Portfolio Management|
|Career Capstone Course|
|MGMT6800||Business Policy and Strategy||3|
Finance concentration courses are only offered online.