M.P.A. - Human Resource Management Concentration
The Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree program is for students with professional goals related to the management of public service organizations. Areas include government agencies, health organizations, justice administration/law enforcement as well as not-for-profit organizations. The program takes a multifaceted approach to management that includes leadership, personnel management, policy/program evaluation, diversity, and ethical governance. This process links theory, policy and practice, giving students the opportunity to learn and utilize skills required for leadership positions in both the public and the third sectors.
The concentration in Human Resource Management provides students with the knowledge and skills key to their career development and growth as HR professionals in the arena of public administration and service.
Upon completion of this program, graduates are expected to:
- Critically analyze and use knowledge of academic theory, legal issues and/or regulations to inform ethical practice and policy format within public and third sector organizations/agencies.
- Manage and apply effective standards of public and third sector governance within organizational structures.
- Assess and effectively manage sector-specific functions, programs and resources.
- Advance professional communication, public outreach and responsiveness standards in a manner that promotes accountability, inclusion and other public service values.
- Apply professional standards and practices for ethical conduct, legal requirements and regulatory guidelines in the administration of human resource policies and procedures.
Master of Public Administration — Human Resource Management Concentration
Master of Public Administration
|NPM5030||Financial Management and Budgeting in Nonprofit Organizations||3|
|NPM6800||Strategic Planning and Leadership in Nonprofit Organizations||3|
|PAD5200||Public Administration and Governance||3|
|PAD6200||Public Personnel Administration||3|
|PAD6400||Public Policy Analysis||3|
|RSCH5700||Research and Inquiry||3|
|HRM5010||Human Resource Management||3|
|HRM5020||Labor and Employee Relations||3|
|HRM5050||Strategic Recruiting, Retention and Succession||3|
|Choose one of the following:||3|
|Strategic Compensation and Benefits|
|Organizational Training and Development|
|Human Resources in a Global Environment|