COVID-19 Conduct Protocol
Johnson & Wales University remains committed to mitigating the risks of COVID-19 and maintaining a positive campus community and online environment for living, learning and working. The Student Code of Conduct supports this goal by identifying shared expectations that keep our community healthy
Students should stay apprised of, and at all times comply with, applicable local, state, and federal guidance relating to COVID-19. Students should also stay informed and pay close attention to JWU communications that provide updates and specific instructions (covid.jwu.edu). As with all of its codes, policies, and standards, JWU reserves the right to modify this code at any time and for any reason without notice to you.
Students (whether on or off campus), are expected to abide by all federal, state, local, and JWU guidelines and regulations implemented to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Failure to do so constitutes a violation of the Student Code of Conduct and may warrant action through the Conduct Review Process. The following are some examples of the behavioral expectations of the university with regard to COVID-19 mitigation strategies:
- Expectations for Non-Vaccinated Students: Students who have been granted an exemption from the requirement to provide proof of vaccination are expected to wear a face covering (in accordance with CDC guidance), participate in required COVID-19 testing, and abide by all quarantine guidelines.
- Face Coverings: Students are expected to follow the directions of university representatives regarding the use of face coverings on campus.
- Health Monitoring/Reporting: When asked, students must accurately and honestly report symptoms or risk factors for COVID-19. When experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 (cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste/smell, etc.), students are expected to stay home and consult Health Services for further direction.
- Instructions and Directives Related to Health and Safety: When a JWU official or health care professional gives any student instructions or directives related to health or safety of that student, other students, university employees, or the university community at large, the student must comply with such instructions or directives.
- Quarantine and Self-Isolation: When instructed by a JWU official or health care professional, students must abide by the directives to quarantine or self-isolate and comply with all instructions related to the directive.
- Residential Life Rules/Policies: Students living in JWU residence halls must abide by the rules put in place to keep their residential community safe, including those specifically related to COVID-19 mitigation.
- Restrictions on Social Gatherings: Students should adhere to federal, state, local, and JWU guidelines that limit the number of people who may gather.