To fulfill general and academic eligibility requirements, each student-athlete at Johnson & Wales must
- be a full-time matriculating student registered for at least 12 quarter credit hours
- maintain the minimum GPA requirement (first term: 1.50 GPA minimum, second term: 1.85 GPA minimum, remaining terms: 2.0 GPA or better)
- make continuous satisfactory progress toward a bachelor’s degree
- earn a minimum of 36 quarter hour degree credits combined over the last 3 terms of attendance
New first-year and transfer students must meet the minimum NAIA eligibility standards to compete. All new prospective NAIA student-athletes must register and be cleared to compete by the NAIA National Eligibility Center. Student-athletes can register online.
Graduate Student Eligibility Requirements
- Graduate students must be enrolled in a full-time class load as defined by the school in lieu of 12 institutional credits at the time of participation.
- To maintain eligibility status, graduate students must successfully complete the full-time class load as defined by the institution and maintain a 2.0 GPA.
- The registrar must certify in writing to the eligibility chair that the above conditions have been met prior to participation of a graduate student, and the student must have eligibility remaining.
For additional information on eligibility requirements, see Full-time Status.
NAIA Intercollegiate Athletics
- Cross country (men's and women's)
- Golf (men's and women's)
- Basketball (men's and women's)
- Soccer (men's and women's)
- Track (men's and women's)
- Volleyball (women's)
All of the Wildcat athletic teams compete in the NAIA as part of The Sun Conference. Each program competes for the conference championship, and student-athletes vie for all-conference honors.
For information on tryouts and schedules, students should contact the respective coach of the team in which they are interested.