To fulfill general and academic eligibility requirements, each student-athlete at Johnson & Wales must
- be a full-time matriculating student registered for at least 12 quarter credit hours
- maintain the minimum GPA requirement (first term: 1.50 GPA minimum, second term: 1.85 GPA minimum, remaining terms: 2.0 GPA or better)
- make continuous satisfactory progress toward a bachelor’s degree
- earn a minimum of 36 quarter hour degree credits combined over the last 3 terms of attendance
New first-year and transfer students must meet the minimum NAIA eligibility standards to compete. All new prospective NAIA student-athletes must register and be cleared to compete by the NAIA National Eligibility Center. Student-athletes can register online.
Graduate Student Eligibility Requirements
1. Graduate students must be enrolled in a full-time class load as defined by the school in lieu of 12 institutional credits at the time of participation.
2. To maintain eligibility status, graduate students must successfully complete the full-time class load as defined by the institution and maintain a 2.0 GPA.
3. The registrar must certify in writing to the eligibility chair that the above conditions have been met prior to participation of a graduate student, and the student must have eligibility remaining.
For additional information on eligibility requirements, see Full-time Status.
NAIA Intercollegiate Athletics
- Cross country (men's and women's)
- Golf (men's and women's)
- Basketball (men's and women's)
- Soccer (men's and women's)
- Track (men's and women's)
- Volleyball (women's)
All of the Wildcat athletic teams compete in the NAIA as part of The Sun Conference. Each program competes for the conference championship, and student-athletes vie for all-conference honors.
For information on tryouts and schedules, students should contact the respective coach of the team in which they are interested.