A student's decision to bring a car on campus should be well-informed, as parking space is limited. See the campus map for specific parking locations.
- The parking garage adjacent to the Academic & Student Center is available for general use between 4pm and 8am. Hours have been extended to provide a closer parking location for students visiting the 24-hour computer lab or library during the evening. The lot is open to commuter students, staff, faculty and visitors between 8am and 4pm. Vehicles parking in the garage at any time must have a valid JWU decal or visitor’s pass.
- All students must have a current parking decal, displayed on either their rear window or rear bumper, to park on campus. Parking spaces are distributed by student population (please see details below). Students should visit Campus Safety & Security at 1705 NE 124th St. to request a parking decal.
- Businesses in the area will tow Johnson & Wales and/or other unauthorized vehicles, including personal vehicles that park in their parking spaces.
- Please do not park in marked visitor spaces, red curbs, yellow curbs, or in intersections, crosswalks, near fire hydrants or any other location prohibited by law.
- Students with guests visiting campus should visit Campus Safety & Security at 1705 NE 124th St. or call 305-892-7604 for visitor parking information. Students are not permitted to park in spaces designated for staff and faculty.
Parking is designated by zones. A campus map may be viewed in the JWU smartphone app and online.
- Commuters receive a “C” decal and may park in the parking garage adjacent to the Academic & Student Center, the South Lot (behind the culinary labs), Arch Creek Lot, Wildcat Square and West Lot.
- Tropical Pointe residents receive a “T” decal and may park in the Tropical Pointe lot and Wildcat Square.
- Palm Gardens residents receive a “P” decal and may park in the Palm Gardens spaces off 124th Street, or in Wildcat Square.
- Arch Creek Place residents receive an “A” decal and may park in the Arch Creek Lot.
- Emerald Lake residents receive an “E” decal and may park in the spaces in front of Emerald Lake or the West Lot.
- Lakeside Towers residents receive an “L” decal and may park in the Lakeside Towers or West Lot.
- Flamingo Hall residents receive an “F” decal and may park in the West Lot.
- Biscayne Commons residents receive a “B” decal and may park in the lot within the Biscayne Commons complex or Wildcat Square.
Student spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Additional parking is available in the Wildcat Square Parking Lot located near Biscayne Commons. Additional parking rules and regulations can be viewed online or by contacting Campus Safety & Security at 305-892-7604.