Graduation from high school or equivalent education is required for admission to Continuing Education programs.

Students may apply online. There is no deadline for submitting applications, but students are advised to apply as early as possible before their intended date of enrollment to ensure full consideration, as some programs may fill up. No application fee is required.

Students applying for the Postbaccalaureate Pre-Medical & Pre-Health Professions Certificate must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. 

In completing the application form, students must indicate the semester in which they wish to enroll. Applications are accepted for semesters beginning in August, January and May.

After completing the application form, students are responsible for requesting that their high school guidance office forward to the university an official copy of the secondary school record for admissions consideration. Specific verification documents must be submitted to Continuing Education Admissions.

Paper applications are also accepted for no fee. Students may request an application be mailed to them by calling 401-598-2300 or by emailing Continuing Education Admissions.

Applications for admission should be completed in full and sent to the address below:

Providence Campus
Continuing Education Admissions
Johnson & Wales University
8 Abbott Park Place
Providence, RI 02903

In some cases, students may wish to take classes without matriculating into a JWU degree program. These students may want to further their degree at another institution or to develop their own personal enrichment. To apply for non-degree admission, the following must be completed:

  1. CE undergraduate application with Extension selected as student type and the non-degree/extension program selected in the degree table

Please note the following policies regarding non-degree/extension enrollment at JWU:

  • Non-degree/extension CE undergraduate students may register for a maximum of 21 credits.

  • Non-degree/extension students are not eligible to receive federal, state or institutional financial aid.

  • Non-degree/extension students are subject to the Tuition and Fees policy.

If a non-degree student chooses to enroll in a major at JWU, that student will be responsible for all courses prescribed in that major, regardless of waived prerequisites. In addition, students must submit official documentation verifying high school completion or GED, as well as any prior college transcripts. Acceptance will be subject to the university’s current admissions requirements. 

For additional information, contact CE Admissions at 401-598-2300 or by email.