Graduation from high school or equivalent education is required for admission to Continuing Education programs.

Students may apply online. There is no deadline for submitting applications, but students are advised to apply as early as possible before their intended date of enrollment to ensure full consideration, as some programs may fill up. No application fee is required.

In completing the application form, students must indicate the term in which they wish to enroll. Applications are accepted for terms beginning in September, December, March and June. There are no culinary or baking & pastry arts courses offered during the summer term. However, students in these majors may take academic courses in the summer term.

After completing the application form, students are responsible for requesting that their high school guidance office forward to the university an official copy of the secondary school record for admissions consideration. Specific verification documents must be submitted to Continuing Education Admissions.

Paper applications are also accepted for no fee. Students may request an application be mailed to them by calling 303-256-9392 or by emailing Continuing Education Admissions.

Applications for admission should be completed in full and sent to the address below:

Denver Campus
Continuing Education Admissions
Johnson & Wales University
7150 Montview Boulevard
Denver, CO 80220

In some cases, students may wish to take classes without matriculating into a JWU degree program. These students may want to further their degree at another institution or develop their own personal enrichment. To apply for non-degree admission, the following must be completed:

  1. CE undergraduate application with the non-degree/extension program selected in the degree table

Please note the following policies regarding non-degree/extension enrollment at JWU:

  • Non-degree/extension CE undergraduate students may register for a maximum of 21 credits.

  • Non-degree/extension students are not eligible to receive federal, state or institutional financial aid.

  • Non-degree/extension students are subject to the Tuition and Fees policy.

  • Students not meeting prerequisite requirements for a course should contact Student Academic & Financial Services to discuss waiving the prerequisite.

If a non-degree student chooses to enroll in a major at JWU, they will be responsible for all courses prescribed in that major — regardless of waived prerequisites. In addition, students must submit official documentation verifying high school completion or GED, as well as any prior college transcripts.  Acceptance will be subject to the university’s current admissions requirements. 

For additional information contact Denver Continuing Education Admissions at 877-598-3368 or via email.